Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dhabba Style Chapli Kabab (Shireen Anwer)

This recipe turned our sooo yummy. Thanks to Chef Shireen Anwer for all the awesome comments I received ^_^. In my excitement I forgot to take the picture and by the time I remember there was no single chapli kabab left. Adding picture from net, will upload one taken by me when I will make these second time which will be soon :-)



Ingredients
Mince ½ kg
Butter 2 ounce
Crushed red pepper 1 tbsp
Crushed coriander seeds 1 tbsp (I dry roasted these first, my own addition)
Crushed cumin seeds 1 tsp (I dry roasted these first, my own addition)
Ginger paste 1 tsp (My addition not in original recipe)
Garlic paste 1 tsp (My addition not in original recipe)
Pomegranate seeds crushed 1 tbsp
Wheat flour 3 tbsp
Gram flour 1 tbsp (My addition not in original recipe)
Eggs 2 (i used 1 large only)
Spring onion chopped 2 (I replaced this with one normal medium onion chopped finely)
Tomato sliced 1
Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
Green chilies chopped 4
Salt 1½ tsp
Ghee for frying (I used oil)
 
Method
In a bowl mix together ½ kg mince, 2 ounces butter, 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds, 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds, 1 tbsp crushed pomegranate seeds, 3 tbsp wheat flour, 1 tbsp gram flour, 2 eggs (be careful with this, add little by little, don't make your mixture too soft), 2 chopped spring onion, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 4 chopped green chilies, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1 ½ tsp salt and mix well, keep aside for 1 hour, make into big kababs, shallow fry in ghee (oil) , fix 1 slice of tomato onto each kabab before frying. Fry till light golden.
 

No comments: